Friday, April 24, 2009

Vegans Are Douche Bags

written by the vassar comikaze


When I was six years old, my grandpa took me and my friend out to the school yard for ground ball practice. We pounded our fists into our gloves, eager to work on our fielding. After about two minutes, our enthusiasm turned to sheer horror as my grandpa hit baseballs at us with all his might. They ricocheted off the concrete school yard’s surface and whizzed past our heads at mach 3.

Another time, he pulled me aside from a family gathering and said, “You know what I need? Some nice, crisp, iceberg lettuce. Have you ever craved lettuce?” Needless to say, my grandpa is a pretty nutty guy. I don’t think there’s anyone else in the world that has the capacity to crave lettuce… except of course for vegans.

I haven’t met many vegans, but the one’s I have met are self-righteous douche bags. I’ve consulted some friends on the matter, and they too only know vegans to be ass-clowns. Vegans care about animal rights, support local farmers and eat healthy: Why is it that they, of all people, are consistently such royal pricks?

The problem with Vegans is simple - they are completely out of touch with normal people. In order to get a meal that meets their requirements, they either eat at a vegan restaurants or shop at a vegan specialty store. They go to these places almost every day. As a result, they spend far too much time with other rich, white vegans. They then get it in their head that what they’re doing is right and what the rest of the world does is wrong.

To “enlighten” others, they make pamphlets such as this, only succeeding in demonstrating how out of touch they are. I don’t care if you’re selling hundred dollar bills for a nickel: There is no way you’re going to sell anything (especially something as unappealing as a vegan lifestyle) if you show potential customers images of chickens being force fed and pigs collapsing in their own puke. Maybe you’d realize that if you interacted with normal people once in a while; meat-eating people.

Instead of making me want to become a vegan, this pamphlet made me hate vegans. It’s vegans that showed me the horrifying images and Mcdonalds that gave me a medium thirteen with a coke. Besides, it’s not as if eating chicken means condemning ol’ Clucky to a long, painful death. If anything, it’ll be short and excruciating.

There is no way I’ll ever become a vegan. The mere thought of eating tofu for the rest of my life is enough to give me stomach cancer. I’m a man - I like to eat steak.

13 comments:

  1. Vegans are arrogant about their lifestyle choice. I'd be hard pressed to decide who to throw overboard first in a life raft, a vegan dude or Rev Al.

    I am a proud member of PETA...People Eating Tasty Animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so great to hear a couple paragraphs about old Al. nicky, please write something more in depth about the grandpa. please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, you really had me there until that last part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a vegetarian and I'd like to say not all of us are douchebags, but the ones that are need to die in a fire

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also discovering the douchebaggery of veganism via my self righteous waify neighbours who I am currently at war with. I can't even talk to these people not only because they are completely self righteous but also because they seem to have the intelligence and reasoning power of infants (I assume because they lack proper nutrition). I think they are particularly devout because they own a vegan bakery and have a vegan dog (who occasionally breaks out and shows up at our house, probably looking for leftovers).

    I think your description is absolutely spot on. And as for vegetarians, I know plenty of cool, cool vegetarians some family and very close friends - there is no comparison between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen. Alot of vegans are complete douchebags. I was at subway today and some chick in line next to me called me a 'carnivore' in a disguested voice when i ordered a sandwich with meat on it. "You know, animals are suffering so you can eat their flesh, you're sick!" She says. I roll my eyes and take a glimpse at the floor, trying to focus on someone other than her and you know what i see on her feet? Leather shoes. There is only one thing worse than a self righteous vegan, and that's a hypocritical self righteous vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I do agree that there are a (big) handful of vegans who are pretentious assholes, I would say that you're pretty misinformed. Why hate vegans for showing you exactly where your food came from, and how it was made? Yes people can be dicks and no one likes to be preached at, but when you see someone supporting the torture and murder of innocent animals of course you're going to feel strongly about that. It's called compassion. If we started forcibly inseminating women, taking their newborns away and using their milk for our own personal consumption(slaughtering the baby for 'veal' of course)...wouldn't you be horrified? How about stray cats and dogs, let's take all those and throw them into your Whopper! Are you okay with that? It's the same fucking concept. It's not about being better than anyone, NO ONE is perfect. But don't hate vegans just because you're not willing to face the truth and we're not willing to smile and tell you it's okay to support the meat and dairy industry, since you love it oh so much. And out of touch with normal people? Most vegans recognize that most people don't even know the cruelty that animals suffer for their consumption. But when they do and still choose to eat meat and dairy, then they're immoral. I guess "normal people" means being okay with being immoral pieces of shit. It's a choice. If you have the ability to minimize your hand in the torture and suffering of animals who are MURDERED by doing something as easy as omitting things from your diet and not buying certain products, why wouldn't you?

    Also to the anon with the "waify neighbors", I like that you challenge their intelligence when you can't even be bothered to do simple research that will show you a vegan diet is plenty nutritious, probably more so since vegans actually pay attention to what they're putting into their bodies. You're not smarter than them because you're perpetuating a (false) stereotype that vegans are unhealthy. Read a book you fucking moron.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ^^Another prime example of a vegan douche bag?^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got here by inputting "vegan douchebags" into Google search. 'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also got here from searching "vegan douchebas" on Google... That person from Feb 23, 2013 sure is a big huge douchebag. There are these Vegans that live in my building and they always smell like rotting food. It's the strangest smell ever.. possibly similar to what I'd imagine a decomposing body might smell like. Does anyone know if they all omit this terrible odour? Or am I just really really lucky? I talked with the daughter from that apartment once and she couldn't stop talking about how it is her 'dream' to live in East Vancouver, BC (canada)... possibly one of the most pretentious d-bag places to live in this whole province. I lived there man, it was a bunch of self righteous dumb asses that have their priorities totally fucked up and NEVER want to grow up. The only thing more d-baggy than a Vegan ... is a Freegan. Look that one up... you'll want to stab your eyeballs out, or just break something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This too funny i got here searching "Why are vegans douchebags"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would revel in sadistic glee to see vegan douchebags being force-fed the most disgusting meat products---Scrapple, Spam, headcheese.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This doesnt even refute anything, its just you projecting more than anything else

    ReplyDelete